I'm Chuck Bass

| |


Classically stereotypical, I can't help but be intrinsically drawn to bad boys. I hate that term, by the way--bad boys. So 90s. Anyway. As a Gossip Girl addict, it took me about five episodes to be infatuated with Chuck Bass, who embodies the essence of bad-boyism. Jerk. Man slut. The works.

But see, me and many other women out there, we aren't drawn to just guys who are assholes. We like assholes with issues. (The issues usually made them the asshole they are in the first place.) That's the jackpot in getting a girl to like you--be mean to her but then show some weakness, some pain she can never hope to fix, but would be willing to spend the rest of her life trying. Because, at least in my eyes, if you can fix a bad boy, he will love you forever.

And thus, Chuck Bass dethroned Twilight's Edward Cullen (at least until the movie comes out...we'll see...).

It's not just Chuck Bass--it's Alex on Gray's Anatomy, Viggo Mortensen's Nicolai in Eastern Promises, Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire. Some of us have one in real life--I did.

I've been thinking a lot about being attracted to guys I shouldn't be from concurrently watching Gossip Girl and falling in love with Chuck, and immersing myself in a time when I did like the wrong guy and came out feeling pretty shitty about it. While I love to love Chuck Bass, part of me really wishes I wouldn't.

0 comments: