MORE Job Search Gems

| |
Here are the jobs I could have applied for this week:

#1: MYSTERY SHOPPER!!! Hidden shopper jobs available. Serious applicants only. Contact Monica for more information.

What is this?! Hidden shopper? I kinda wanna email Monica and get some details. I love both secrets and shopping.

#2: Preschool Bathroom Attendant (Manhattan Bch): A large preschool in Manhattan Beach that serves children ages 2-9 seeks two part time people to work primarily outside to supervise children at the bathroom.

This posting sounds like a trap. Not to be pessimistic or anything (though, it is my job), but I can't imagine anyone applying for this job. Except pedophiles. Oh yes, I said it.

#3: REPUTABLE DOWNTOWN NIGHTCLUB SEEKING MALE GO-GO DANCERS (Downtown LA)
Straight nightclub in Downtown LA seeks male dancers for Friday night gig. Large, busy club, well-established clientele, safe environment. You must be:, TONED!, tall (no shorter than 5'8" please!), able to dance to house, hip hop, rock, latin pop, rock, etc.


I'm only missing two things, four inches in height and a penis.

#4: Looking for Pasta Cook: Pasta cook at a casual Italian restaurant for the lunch hours in downtown Los Angeles in the fashion district.

I make a mean spaghetti. And I like to eat pasta. Totally qualified.

My other option this week: Egg donation. Lots of postings for that. Pays well (sometimes $10K). Really, my only aversion is the physical pain part of it and the weird hormones I'd have to take. "Having a kid out there" doesn't really bother me, the way it seems to irk most men when they contemplate donating sperm. I figure if someone wants a kid, and can't have one, and I have some good eggs, why not? But, right now, I'm too much of a baby to handle the invasive surgery part. We'll see if that changes when I am jobless in two months...

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Hahahaha. I love Craigslist. I think at some point you should write an entry on their "Missed Connections" section.

Unknown said...

http://www.mysteryshopperhandbook.com

Those are pretty crafty job offerings.


Looks like a bucket of fun.

Natasha said...

ooh thanks for the link/website. i still have no idea what the job entails, and it looks like a total scam, but I am intrigued!

maggie--agreed. i will post a missed connection next week for sure! what a great idea for something to write about, thanks :)