Three Weeks Single? Hollaaaa!

| |

I must be on drugs or something. Everything--and I do mean everything--is making me smile right now. And not just smile, but laugh. The gulping, can't-breathe, pick-up-my-own-knee-so-I-can-slap it laughter. LOLing, some might call it.

Maybe my look-on-the-bright-side-of-life attitude is some sort of post-dating denial, where things that should hurt my feelings are actually pretty funny. I wouldn't know, considering I've never been single this long (three weeks, I think it is now).

Anyway, I feel great. I may not have felt great last week and I may not feel great tomorrow, but today, life is just freakin' beautiful. Something new happens everyday, whether it's as simple as an unexpected email or as wonderful as realizing I have the most amazing friends in the world.

I was reading Meagan's copy of The Breath of God by Swami Chetanananda this morning, in which he has a chapter on expectations. He says that no matter how badly you want something to happen--or how perfect, great, or wonderful life would be if it did--that desire doesn't mean whatever it is you want will actually become reality. I learned this lesson big time recently. Slowly, I'm finding comfort in the unknown. Life is a ride, man, and I am on it.

Part of being able to find the beauty, or the hilarity, in everything is accepting that life is crazy and doesn't make any sense. And even if it did, we still have no control over anything. Which is kinda exciting. Which is why life totally, TOTALLY, pays off.

I attribute this new outlook of positivity about (and surrender to) life, to the fact that I have been doing yoga five-days-a-week for the past two weeks. So, not only am I on my way to being smokin' hot, but I continually have that sorta-sore--because-I-worked-out-yesterday feeling, which gives me the confidence to eat that chocolate croissant or rice krispie treat at Starbucks without wanting to kill myself.

More than that, though, practicing yoga again has allowed me to look forward to all the things I won't be able to predict or control. I'm happy with right now. Right now rocks. And, hey, it's been three weeks and still no crush on a boy. I feel like I should throw myself a party. This record is a personal best.


**On the yoga note, if you live on the Westside and haven't had the esteemed pleasure to attend Meagan's Anusara-inspired yoga class, she teaches Mondays-Thursdays at 9 a.m., and Saturdays at 8 a.m. at The Hub (on Barrington between Olympic and Santa Monica). So, if you're into getting your ass kicked yoga-style, or just want to stalk me (come on, admit it, it's more than just a healthy blog addiction at this point), you should come hang. First two classes are free of charge.

4 comments:

Jules said...

1. I think you may be turning into a cheerful optimist!

2. Meagan's yoga class rocks.

3. So excited to read the pages you sent - they are totally my plane reading for tomorrow.

Natasha said...

uh oh. don't go ruining my street-cred now. :)

so excited for you to read my pages. they may induce vomiting. good thing you'll have a barf bag handy!

Meagan said...

Thank you luv - you are a treat to have in class, and I am glad my positive outlook is rubbing off.

Natasha said...

I am manifesting like a mofo over here. We will RULE this world!