Wow. Really, Natasha? Wow.

| |
I was doing some blog work this morning (check out my new labels and tags, and click my ads so I can make some money from this self-indulgent, rant-filled thing), and I found a draft of a post I was going to put up on Valentine's Day at 2:27 pm but never actually did:

Potential Status Updates:

Natasha Burton either needs to start drinking or buy something she doesn't need.

Natasha Burton is once again reminded that Valentine's Day in fact sucks.

Natasha Burton is spending VDAY exactly as she planned--alone.


These potential Facebook status updates were meant to personify (and broadcast) the type of day I was having (shitty). Of course, I did not have the balls to actually make one of these my status update nor blog about them. Yet, while my Valentine's Day did in fact totally suck, I in no way tried to make it better. Also, I did not notice the glaring red flag/life lesson the day provided. Cryptic, I know, but trust me, I should have figured no flourishing romantic gesture was coming my way. Optimism's a bitch.

In any case, these potential status updates made me laugh, because, as I embark on the journey of singledom for the first time in ten years, I'm learning new things about myself pretty much each day. Today I learned that I can write about red flags all I want, but it doesn't mean I actually see them when they're being waved in my face.

Also, I am super guilty of putting up status updates with a total agenda in mind. I figure it is pretty obvious that I do this, but it's the kind of completely-harmless-to-others-yet-destructive-to-myself behavior that tends to replace my need to actually say what I need to say to people. A fact which I'm sure makes me look pretty lame. I thought this calculated-status-update thing might be considered passive-aggressive, but then I looked up the "signs of a passive aggressive person" on Wikipedia and found that is not the case. But I did find the signs very in-ter-est-ing to (literally) say the least.

0 comments: