Driving Under the Influence (of Sweet Music)

| |
I absolutely love driving.

You see, a car is not meant for merely getting from one place to another. Especially in L.A. when actually getting from one place to another often proves to be tedious, lengthy, and irritating. So, instead of playing close attention to how horrific traffic is or calculating how late I will be to a given destination, I simply pretend my car is my own private karaoke bar/dance studio. Enjoy the free show, fellow drivers, and prepare to be serenaded.

I do this by first putting at least one window down, as well as the sunroof if the temperature is over 75 degrees. Then, I plug my iPod in (just in case I can't find a good song on the radio and have to rely on my sure-thing stand-bys). Lastly, I pull out my sweet moves and vocal talents (I mean, did you see those karaoke videos?) and just let the magic happen.

But, said magic is only possible with the right music. In no particular order, here are my official Top Ten Best Driving Songs. If they don't get you busting out the white-girl fist maracas, I don't know what will. (Oh, and yes, I do have the best taste in music. Thank you for noticing.)

"I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston
"To Live and Die in L.A." by Tupac
"Womanizer" by Britney Spears
"The Way I Am" by Eminem
"Juicy" by Notorious B.I.G
"Disturbia" by Rihanna
"Out Tonight" from the Rent soundtrack
"Love in This Club" by Usher
"Here I Go Again on My Own" by Whitesnake
"Like a Rollin Stone" by Bob Dylan
"M79" by Vampire Weekend
"Man I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain

(Okay, okay, that's twelve. And, actually, I could keep going. But, I won't in the interest of time, space, and fear of being judged for my erratic taste.)

Now, if you hear one of these songs on full blast while you're deadlocked on the 10, take a look around, you just may see me bust a move.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you need to amend your list to add the following:

"This Is How We Do It" - Montel Jordan

"Sweet Child of Mine" - Guns n' Roses (try to emulate the scene from Step Brothers)

"Always Be My Baby" - Mariah Carey

Natasha said...

Ooh yes.

And...

"Regulators" by Nate Dogg and Warren G

Anything old-school/pop-y Whitney, Janet, or Madonna

and, for some reason, probably nostalgia, I love KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See"

oh! and "What a Feeling" from Flashdance. I mean, come on now...