Bender to Remember

| |
Since turning in my thesis on July 23, 2009, I have done nothing. Okay, that's a lie. I have been drinking. A lot.

In college, I wasn't what one would call a "partier." I went out. I threw up in some guy's bed one time. I made an ass of myself continually. But any kind of that-girl behavior lasted maybe, maybe, a semester. So I decided I should make up for that by celebrating my Master-dom via alcohol.

I've been drinking on the beach, with friends, with my parents, with Julie's parents, by myself while cooking dinner, at happy hour, at baseball games, in dive bars, in Georgia, while singing karaoke, while watching the movie Ski School, from the bottle, in a glass, in a red plastic cup, just drinking, drinking, and, yes, drinking. I mean, I've been going out approximately four times a week. Which feels like always. Which makes my liver feel like giving up.

With the start of the fall semester just two days away, I find myself literally unable to wait. Which is why I am concurrently writing about this anticipation to get back to work as well as making a to-do list of all the tasks I must complete on Monday to ready myself for 15 weeks of hardcore teaching. (Photocopies! Setting up my gradebook! Editing my syllabus!) Perhaps I am super-excited partly because I am also super-hungover. And I know that, at this time next week, that will not be the case.

It's been fun guys, my new crew of Blue Moon, Amstel, various Cabernets, and that weird champagne drink at Anisette, but our time is almost up. And I am glad for it. This sense of relief may or may not have something to do with the fact that, last night, I fell on a public sidewalk and lost a shoe. And was very much that-girl. Plus I kinda have a beer belly. Which I know is super hot and everything but it kinda makes wearing my jeans difficult. Don't even get me started on actually putting them on.

My bender is scheduled to commence tomorrow at midnight, when I am likely to be even more looking forward to not feeling like I'm going to die when I wake up in the morning. But a commitment is a commitment. So, for the next 24 hours: bottoms up.

0 comments: