Pick Your Artist: Britney Spears

| |
Tonight I am finally going to the Britney Spears concert at the fabulous Staples Center. When I say finally, I mean that I have been wanting to get tickets to her Circus tour for the past year and see her in concert for forever. However, tonight will be far more than just an outer-body experience of pop-music wonderment. Let me explain:

So, when I broke up with My Ex, his final stand to keep me in a relationship with him (or maybe it was just a really awesome last thing to say to me) was, "Well, I was going to get you tickets to Britney Spears." Oh, in that case, let's date a couple more weeks so you can buy those. Right.

Months later on the actual night of that concert I was with Transitional Guy (and we all know he was terrific) somewhere in Echo Park (I know, I know, I'm a Westsider...what was I thinking?). When I mentioned that the Britney show was that night, his response was that I should have gotten us tickets. Um, no. First of all, if I was going to get tickets, I would not have taken him anyway because he sucked. Second of all, if one of us was going to get tickets for the two of us, that person would have been him. Because sometimes when you are dating someone, you do nice things for that person, like go all the way to some random bakery in Glendale, in lunch-hour traffic, to get that person's favorite dessert from when he was a kid for his birthday. Right? Right???? (If I could go back five months and slap myself, I would, believe me.)

Anyway. When I heard Britney was doing another show in L.A., I called my best friend and bought us two tickets in the nosebleed section and have been waiting anticipatorily every since. (Nope, that's not a real word.)

I saw this "Pick Your Artist" thing on someone's Facebook and always wanted to do it. Basically, there is a series of questions and you have to answer them using song titles from one musical artist. So, in honor of The Ex and Transitional Guy (who are thankfully out of my life), the incomparable Ms. Britney Spears, my BFF J. Jacobson, and of course, me, the coolest chick ever...here are my responses:

Are you a male or female? Brave New Girl

Describe yourself: Lucky

How do you feel? Stronger

Describe where you currently live: Circus

If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Freakshow

Your favorite form of transportation: Boys

Your best friend is: The Girl in the Mirror

You and your best friend are: Lace and Leather

What's the weather like? Hot as Ice

Favorite time of day: Early Mornin'

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called? Gimme More

What is life to you? Heaven on Earth

Your fear: Womanizer

What is the best advice you have to give? What U See (is What U Get)

How you would like to die? My Prerogative

Your soul's present condition: Anticipating

Your motto: Hit Me Baby One More Time

Your favorite color is: Autumn Goodbye

You know that: (I Got That) Boom Boom -and- I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

If you could change your name, what would it be? If You Seek Amy

Something you are looking forward to: One Kiss From You

2 comments:

Jules said...

A thought on your transportation being "boys." Do not get on a drunken boys back for a piggy back ride - you will get injured... I've done it several times and never once been successful. But if you're looking for something to bond over - a piggy accident is a good bond builder. But so is talking.

Natasha said...

Talking? Hmm...I've only recently discovered this talking thing. Very interesting. This activity seems to lead to only getting four hours of sleep some nights. And then, even when you're tired the next day, it seems worth it. Weird.